December 22, 2015

It's been a while...

Hello friends! I kinda dropped off the face of the earth there, didn't I. Last thing you heard, I was off to the UK! Our trip was glorious, heavenly, an absolute dream come true. As excited as I was for Scotland, the Yorkshire Dales totally captured The Geologist's and my heart, so if the bottom drops out of the petroleum industry, we're totally moving there and opening a B&B. And we'll go camping in Scotland and Wales on the weekends. That's the plan!

I'm sorry I haven't been posting, this whole adoption thing kind of took over my life. 85% of my brain is in China with Meili, and I am not good for much else these days! In fact, so much has happened, things have moved along pretty quickly, and we fly to China NEXT FRIDAY. Just like our trip to the UK, I can barely wrap my head around it, but I will be holding my little girl on January 4th!

I don't want to abandon or close this blog, I WILL be back posting recipes, I just don't know when. It depends on how well Meili adjusts to life as part of our family, how well I adjust to having a toddler around again, how much sleep we're all getting... so many unknowns!! But I hope to be back in a few months. Until then, Thank you for reading!!

And just for fun, here's a handful of pictures from our trip :)

Lyme Park, aka Pemberly

 Leaving Ingleton, Yorkshire Dales

 Waterfall Trail, Yorkshire Dales

Ribblehead Viaduct, Yorkshire Dales

 Dinas Head, Pembrokeshire, Wales

 Fishguard, Wales

 Somewhere in Wales, lol!!

 Kilchurn Castle, Argyll, Scotland

Sunset from Kilchurn Castle

 Tobermory, Isle of Mull, Scotland

Northern Coast of the Isle of Mull, Glengorm Estate

Single-track road from Tobermory to Fionnphort, Isle of Mull, Scotland

Isle of Mull, somewhere between Tobermory and Fionnphort :)

 Iona Abbey, Isle of Iona, Scotland

 Isle of Staffa, Scotland

 Isle of Staffa, Scotland

 Loch Sunart, Scotland

 Elgin Cathedral, Elgin, Scotland

Dunottar Castle, Stonehaven, Scotland

5 comments :

  1. What an exceptional trip! Can't wait to see Meili!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A big thank you for a little peek at the winding lanes of home! I'm Yorkshire born but living in Wales, which is just as beautiful but I get homesick sometimes. Now I can no longer drive, it is impossible to get there.
    Oh what a little darling Meili is! if you don't have time to post words, we'd all enjoy a photo of her from time to time.
    What a shame we can't adopt from China into the UK. My son and d-i-l are waiting for an oriental child to adopt, but it is very rare for one to need adoptive parents here and the 'authorities' insist the child must look 'right,' in an ethnic sense. All those homeless toddlers and older children and they fuss over skin tone matching the mother's!
    Happy Christmas and a joyous New Year (it's sure to be!!)
    Wishing you a safe journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pics :) Have a safe trip! My fam has been enjoying your soft cut out sugar cookies. Best sugar cookies I've ever had! I posted it the other day on my blog. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post. My Mom and I have always wanted to go to Ireland and Scotland. Maybe someday.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments really DO make my day, and I promise to try and reply to each and every one, either through email or on here :)