May 27, 2015

May 27 Daybook


For today, May 27 ...

Outside my window... After weeks and weeks of rain, it's finally starting to feel like Summer around here! The sun is out, the sky is clear, and it's warming up! We wanted to go camping this past weekend, even planned on driving 16 hours to Sequoia National Forest in California, but everywhere we looked the forecast was cold, rainy, and snowy. So we stayed here and did nothing. Well, not quite nothing, The Geologist read most of Far From the Madding Crowd... but basically nothing. Vacation fail! I was seriously outnumbered around here, loving every minute of the rain while most people wanted it gone! You know me and rain. :)

I am learning... I am learning to let go of timelines. We wanted to send our dossier to China by the end of April... Nope. Okay, then we wanted to by the end of May...? Negative. I'm learning to wait and see. And breathe. It will happen. Our little girl is out there somewhere!

Source: Pinterest
I am thankful... I have never in my life been so grateful for social media. Ten years ago there were support groups for adoption, books, magazines, newsletters, some websites, but if there were no physical resources in your area you were kinda out of luck. We've been encouraged from the beginning of this adoption journey to make friends and become part of the community, but that intimidates me SO much! Showing up to a group of strangers ad hoping they like me? No thank you!! Luckily, there's Facebook. Seriously people. There are different groups based on agency, wait time, travel time, there's one for China special needs and then groups for each special need! I made a fantastic new friend through my first agency group, and she got me in to half a dozen other groups! Made a few more friends, and we were having so much fun chatting that I started another group! Antisocial introverted little me created a Facebook group! These groups are so wonderful, we learn from each other, support each other, everyone knows someone who has dealt with whatever you're working on, it's almost overwhelming, but such a blessing.

I am hoping... Ughhhh. Guys. Remember the massive fiasco we had a year ago after finishing our old homestudy? Turns out our new agency needs a copy of that old one. Which shouldn't be a big problem, honestly, there's nothing wrong with it, but just dealing with those people again makes me feel like I've been kicked in the stomach. AND we can't submit our new homestudy until we get the old copy. I've emailed and left a message, if I don't hear back from them soon I'm going to become a pest. SO! Hoping! I'm hoping they get back to me soon, and this is quick and painless and we can move ON with our lives!

I am looking forward to... Lindsey Stirling at Red Rocks tomorrow night!! I can't WAIT!! It's going to be so much FUN! A birthday present only a month and a half late. :)

One of my favorite things... Fluffy, flaky buttermilk biscuits with just a smidge of soft butter and drenched in honey. Yummm! I keep making them as sides for dinner, but really I just want the leftover ones for breakfast. Besides, I make flipping awesome biscuits! 

A peek into my day... Woke up, walked the Beast who was very bad and went swimming without permission in the creek that has now become a roaring torrent with all that rain, took a shower, and met the Geologist for our standing weekly lunch date. We're about to lose those, because tomorrow is the boys' last day of school! This is that last week of goofing off for them, yesterday was Field Day and today they entire school went to the zoo. Woah. I am so glad I'm not there! Tomorrow is a half day and then they're done! Where in the heck did May even go?!

Guilty Pleasures... While going through this mentally exhausting adoption rollercoaster, I have been in serious need of new distractions. The old ones just aren't cutting it. So... I clicked a Netflix recommendation... and discovered Korean dramas. Hey, I've already got Bollywood and anime obsessions, lets just add this to the list of my Eastern geek-dom. I love them, they're so fun!! Turns out my favorite character (actor) from the first drama I watched is also in a Korean boy band, so you know I had to check that out, and now I'd addicted! Yes, I will be the crazy person driving around my neighborhood blasting K-Pop, and no, I don't speak Korean. But that never stopped me before! :) Besides, how cute are these guys?

Try your own Daybook! Get ideas here!

2 comments :

  1. Those guys are very cute April! I just know eventually you will receive the desires of your heart and a little girl will be yours. It's so hard waiting for the things we desire. But it is always worth it. Love you! Counting the days til September! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with all the paperwork! Inspiring to hear about your online support!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments really DO make my day, and I promise to try and reply to each and every one, either through email or on here :)