April 27, 2014

Living & Dining Room Before & After

Arguably the most exciting part of a home makeover (or any makeover, really) is comparing before and after! So, when we first moved in to my dream home, the wall colors weren't exactly what I would have chosen. Which is actually kind of ironic, because they're the colors I always thought I would want. Anyway. I've had a vision for the whole living area for months, and it is almost done! The only thing missing is carpet, which should be installed in the next week or two.

Before, back in December... Like the tree? :)

 Aaaaaaand AFTER!! White wainscoting and chair rail, super super pale blue...

All the rooms feel taller... And we have pictures on the wall!

 The red wall is GONE, and the color and wainscoting continue through the hall. My little table doesn't look quite so lonely anymore either!

The dining room is where we've noticed the biggest difference. It doesn't feel so broken up now, and feels about a foot bigger in every direction!
The light is kinda lousy, it's cloudy and threatening to rain out today. Which of course I love, but isn't the best for showing off this paint color!
 My archway no longer feels like the entrance to a cave :)
What do you think!?!

Attempt #3 of that cake I promised you is in the oven as we speak. I'll try to get it up today, if it works. If not, well, I can't be awesome ALL the time! :)

11 comments :

  1. Oh wow, what a difference a simple change can make. It looks beautiful! I also LOVE your sofa!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danielle!! It really is a huge difference. So much bigger and lighter, I am in love! My sofa was actually really cheap, we got an awesome deal on it. And it looks so much better against the blue and white than the red and cream!!

      Delete
  2. A beautiful job. I love the color you chose. It is a very peaceful and welcoming feeling. Enjoy!
    Blessings, Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lighter colours really open everything up. It looks fabulous April! Well done. You have such a beautiful home! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do!! My goal and my vision have been realized! And sharing it with you guys makes it even more exciting :) I wish we could bring you over for a visit! Maybe someday we can... I shall start plotting... :)

      Delete
  4. I absolutely love the color. What is the brand/color # on that? You did a great job on the wainscoting too. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Carefree by Sherwin Williams. It even turns just the tiniest bit green in the evening, the perfect Tiffany blue. So fun :) The Geologist gets all the wainscoting credit, I just painted.

      Delete
  5. Like the transformation of the dinning room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Opening up the dining room might be my favorite part! Although it's really hard to truly pick a favorite part... Thank you for commenting! :)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks Sonya, it's months later and I'm still in love with it. Good sign, don't you think?

      Delete

Your comments really DO make my day, and I promise to try and reply to each and every one, either through email or on here :)