May 13, 2013

Weekly Menu May 13


This week we have:
Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
Grilled Fish Tacos
Homemade Beef Jerky
Banana Cake with Almond Cream Cheese Frosting

For today, May 13...


Outside my window... Sunny and warm! We had the perfect spring weather last week. Rainshowers,  cool mornings and warm afternoons... I wish it had lasted a smidge longer, it's going to be 70's and 80's all week! But at least the snow has finally disappeared, and the leaves are peeking out! It's Spring at last.

In the kitchen... The Geologist and I are eating healthier lately. I still bake whenever I please, I just don't eat it all myself, and we're planning healthier meals. More fruits and veggies, less dairy and carbs. We've already got a few winners to share!
I am thinking... I'm back!! I tried cutting down my posting, and it just didn't work. It removed a lot of the motivation, and I missed it. I missed my menus and weekly plans. So I'm back! I'm just going to take a day off per week, usually Sunday. It feels good :)

I am going... Me? Not much of anywhere. The usual errands. We actually just got back from Joe's second round of shots. Five shots and only one yell! He's so brave!! The Geologist is in Houston for the week, so we'll just be here, being us. Not sleeping much, Bollywood marathons, cereal for dinner, perhaps... Luckily for me, my Mom is coming to visit! She'll keep me company (and keep me sane!) for a few days.
Source: trekearth.com
One of my favorite things... The world right after a spring rain, when all the brand new leaves and grass just seem to pop open and glow. It's one of my favorite kinds of days of the whole year. Quiet, grey Fall days, giant fluffy snowfalls, and spring rains. Ours were a month late this year, but at least they showed up!


I am thankful... For awesome friends!! My car battery was dead this morning, and I don't know any of my new neighbors, so I called a friend who lived close, and she helped me restart it. Hooray for friends!!
Source: Pinterest
Guilty Pleasures... Saltwater taffy. I'm literally addicted. Luckily, I'm also very picky. My favorite taffy comes from a store that is a ways away, so it's usually pretty easy to stay away... but I gave in last week... Bad idea!! Time to stop buying taffy! Maybe I should learn how to make it at home... no, that would be a baaaad idea.

I am looking forward to... Mom comes Tuesday, choir practice Wednesday, Stephen home Friday, and a possible trip to the circus Saturday! Choir practice is getting intense, we have sixteen pieces of music to learn for our concert on June first! It is the 30th anniversary concert, and all of the past directors of the choir are coming back to direct their favorite songs. A big deal! Fun, but a bit stressful. It will be quite a fun concert though!
Source: Pinterest
Something new about me... I'm a listener. I like being the person people share their problems with. I can try to help, or just let them talk. I will never be shocked or offended, I will never tell another soul, and I will never tell you I know exactly how you feel. Because no one ever knows exactly how someone else feels about their life. Maybe it's because I had lots of feelings growing up that I had a hard time sharing with anyone, or maybe I was just born with the listening gene! Either way, I'm here, anytime.

Try your own Daybook! Get ideas here!

1 comment :

  1. Good to see you back!! I hadn't seen a post fro you in a while :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments really DO make my day, and I promise to try and reply to each and every one, either through email or on here :)