February 25, 2013

Weekly Menu Feb. 25

Source: whimsandsighs

This week we have:
Almond Joy Bread


For today, Feb 25...
Outside my window... It's bright and sunny, and our snow is starting to melt! It was fabulous staying inside and being so cozy yesterday, watching the snow whirl. It was almost blizzard-ish at times! I wish it could have lasted one more day, but oh well!

Around the house... I'm typing, and writing my list of "to-do's" for the day, Joe is watching Blue Planet. Both of my boys love these movies, and the Deep Sea is their favorite, with all those wild and wacky creatures that live down there in the dark!

I am thinking... It looks like I'll be living on fruit, vitamins, and salad for a while! One of my new medicines is causing a serious lack of appetite, and the only things that sound good are fruit, fresh veggies, and bread. It's hard to eat anything else. I was be-moaning this fact all weekend, and eating nothing but bread and pretzels, when my brilliant husband realized that if I am smart about it, this could be a genius diet! So here we go, we'll see what happens! (Don't worry Mom, I'll get protein in there too)
Source: Jaime Pool via Pinterest

I am going... Today is the day of running errands! Stephen sprouted out of his jeans, and needs more pronto, library books are due, I need to get my fingerprints registered, INR checked, and house to generally get in order! I'm getting my wisdom teeth out on Friday, and I want everything to be taken care of so The Geologist doesn't have to pick up my slack!

I am thankful... for repentance, forgiveness, and the ability to say "I'm sorry." A random headache made me awfully cranky last night, but no matter how many times I would argue with my husband over nothing, I could apologize, and everything was forgiven! Isn't that a wonderful thing?

I am reading... C.S. Lewis's "Space Trilogy". Finished "Out of the Silent Planet" last night and on to "Perelandra". I love his imagery, his symbolism, and his ability to interject subtle humor even in his "grown up" books.
I am hoping... Lol, I'm hoping that the third time is the charm with my Cinnamon Swirl Brioche!! I am determined to make this recipe work, if it's the last thing I do!!

I am looking forward to... Spring. Usually I can enjoy winter for months and months, but this year, with such an active boy and giant beastie, I want to get out of this house! I'm more active these days too, which certainly helps.
Source: carouselswirl


Something new about me... I love camping and roadtrips! The Geologist set up a new screensaver for our computer, and it's supposed to flip through all of our pictures, but it seems to have picked a few folders that it just keeps repeating. One is from a spring break trip we took to Southern Utah when the boys were smaller. Every time I see them it makes me want to go back!! We haven't actually camped since then, being so busy with thesises and all that, but now that we have the greatest work schedule EVER, yet another reason why I can't wait for warmer weather!! I want to go camping!!

Guilty pleasures... Feeding my beastie treats. I know I'm not supposed to give in when she begs, but that face is just so adorable, I can't help it!! She loves popcorn and fruit the best, but has been known to enjoy a bit of Twizzler from time to time... she's her Mama's girl!

Favorite Things... Sparkle. All things shimmery and glittery and twinkly, I love it! When I was 16 I painted my basement bedroom dark blue, and stenciled silver stars all over the wall. I loved that bedroom, except for its tendency to house giant Missouri spiders... You'll never see me in head-to-toe sequins, but I love a touch of sparkle. 

2 comments :

  1. what a great line up! I thought I'd read all C S Lewis's books but I've never heard of this one! thanks :))
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a sparkle girl too April, but I am definitely not a camping girl. I have only been camping once and it was a disaster. I vowed to never go again. (And it was only for ONE night!) Bleeeeech!!! I love your day books. I am sorry you are not very well at the moment, but sounds like not so bad a diet. I Love fruit and veg, but they are usually so expensive and one gets rather bored of bananas especially when the only bananas you like are cooked into a bread or some such delectable delight. Not so good for the diet those are. (Yes that sentence is backwards. Some days that is how my mind works!) Have not heard of those CS Lewis books. You learn something new every day. Lovely day book as always and keeping you and the Geologist in my prayers for the great extraction! Love you muchly. xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments really DO make my day, and I promise to try and reply to each and every one, either through email or on here :)